Monday, June 9, 2008

Antiquing in Milton

Now on to the little town of Milton, Wisconsin. I spent my adolescent years here and never once visited the antique malls. Milton has two antique malls/shops, both of which I have visited. The shops are located on the campus of Milton College. Milton College was founded in 1844, but due to financial hardship it closed in 1982.

1. Goodrich Hall Antiques - this antique shop is located in Goodrich Hall on the Milton College campus. The first two floors are collectibles, some antiques and a whole room of hand made and antique jewelry. The third floor is the proprietors residence.

2. Campus Antiques Mall - definitely more like and antique mall with individual dealer booths and glass cases. I was visited about three months ago and I remember there being a large selection of postcards, circus memorabilia, typical pottery and ceramics, crafts and a hodgepodge of other collectibles. Nice place - recommend a visit. My game plan is to try to go back to this this weekend perhaps on my way back from Illinois. I'll let you know if I see any other area of collectible.

No comments:

Custom Search